Monday, February 25, 2013

Buffalo Road Imports- A Start

Monday, February 25, 2013


Buffalo Road Imports - A Start

     You're probably wondering why I titled this post "Buffalo Road Imports - A Start". 4 Days ago (February 21, 2013), I wrote about EMD - a company that is owned by Buffalo Road Imports LLC. That company makes their own diecast brand of modern-era models. However, Buffalo Road Imports  has many,many, many  models, and I thought I'd have a real look. So I looked and looked, and looked even more.

     If you want to look at lots of models, or compare models, or find a particular model that you're looking for, you have to come here! I spent about 30 minutes perusing the site, and all models are referenced ob the OEM (the company that makes the "real" item", and by the model manufacturer. f you bookmark, this is definitely 1 site to record when it comes to models.

    If you've noticed, I use the term "model" here. From what I can gather ma model is more of a collectible that's for display, rather than  a toy, that would be played with by a child. And almost every model maker and seller of models will have somewhere on their site a "warning" that models are not for young children as they have many small parts that may post a potential danger to children. 

   I decided to present Komatsu models via several different manufacturers.I've been trying to get permission from several manufacturers who make very big models (large scale), but  I have to wait and wait. Thankfully,  Brandon Lewis, the owner of Buffalo Road Imports LLC gave me permission to use his photos from this site. Someone at the company has taken thousands and thousands of photographs of their numerous models, as well as using some of the manufacturers photos.  However, I only will use the distributors own photographs for copyright reasons. Some of the manufacturers are very "guarded" about how they allow distributors to use their photos.

    Last week, I checked on Komatsu, which is a Japanese company. They had revenue in FY 2012 of  1.981 trillion Yen, or  1,981,000,000,000.00 Yen - That's a lot a Yen!  Komatsu, like most other large-machinery companies have a big following in terms of model manufacturers, and collectors. The main reason for my checking out Komatsu, is that they make HUGE machines, just like CAT, and of course, those gargantuan earth movers by Bucyrus-Erie.


 While I was checking on the Buffalo Road Imports site for Komatsu, I realized that there were at least 3-4 model manufacturers who are licensed to produce the Komatsu machines.That's certainly a fair amount just for manufacturing 1 OEM's machines! SOme of the models are made of brass, some of diecast metal,and some are a combination of diecast and resin or plastic.

 Buffalo Road Imports' photographs are well-taken, but what I've done is separate the models from their custom-made foundation (what an item sits on) and place them on a white background. I find a model presents itself best against such a background. What's great about Buffalo's photographs are that they are in focus, properly-exposed, and large! A true toy and model blogger's delight!

 Material: Diecast
Size: 1:50


Material: Brass
Size: 1:87



Material: Diecast
Size: 1:50

 Material: Diecast
Size: 1:50

Material:  Zamak (A composite  metal alloy of zinc and other metals) and  Resin
Size: 1:50


     Don't forget that you can look at these image in a slide show format.  As well, you can magnify them larger than they are as you view them. That allows you to see the fine detail that goes into many of these models.

     I'll only "touched the surface" of this excellent site for models.  So if you're looking for a place to search out models of all kinds of trucks, machines, and so forth, this is the place!

Thanks for visiting, and as always,
have a great part of the day wherever you may be - morning, 
afternoon, or evening.

Stacey







No comments: