Sunday, December 22, 2013

Special Post - Can Anyone Help Verify This Toy?

Sunday, December 23,2013
       (Cold and blowing ice crystals)


Special Post
Can Anyone Please Help to Verify This Toy?

   I woke up this morning to check my mail and had a pleasant surprise.  I received the following email letter with the photos that I added below (with some Photoshop):

Hello!
I am a teacher in a Secondary School in Badajoz. It was created in 1845 and between our educational heritage we have found a vertical steam machine, we believe it is G. Carette. We have seen that you own a copy of the book The Magnificent Steam Engine Systems of Georges Carette and we believe that our model can be there.
I send some pictures so you can analyze. Could you tell us if it is.
Thank you very much for everything.


The sender's name is  IES Barbara de Braganza Ciencias Naturales. I do not know what the "IEF" in her title means. I was enthusiastic about the message, but I'm not an expert on toys, and I have never had an steam engine in my physical possession. 

I've tried to do the next best thing - ask everyone who reads my blog to help out. So! If you can verify that this particular steam engine that Barbara sent me photo of is an authentic Carette steam engine, I'm sure every child in that school would be very very happy! It would be like finding a Goya painting in the basement!

IES Barbara de Braganza Ciencias Naturales

My e-mail address is:
toysearcher@gmail.com



I also decided to include many pages from a great book 
from New Cavendish Books for people to compare.


If you are a collector of toys or any other old  or antique collectible, 
New Cavendish Books is the website to go to visit. They have a marvellous collection of books on many different collectibles. I only have the book that I've used to present the pages below,so I'll ley toy be the judge for yourself.











I've placed Barbara's 2 photos at the top and bottom, 
so you wouldn't have to jump up and down to compare.

I hope someone will be able to authenticate the  fabulous steam engine that you see above.

Now this was a post that certainly is "an adventure".

Thanks for visiting,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey

my e-mail address again is:

toysearcher@gmail.com







2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this blog and thanks for sharing...
morten andersen jersey | Willie Roaf Jersey

toysearcher said...

Hello Aman,

Thanks for your kind words.
It makes my effort all the more pleasurable when readers
write.

Regards,
Stacey Bindman
Blogwriter