Monday, December 23, 2013

Great Small-sized Toy Photos

Monday, December 23, 2013
   (Huge snow-cleaning day  for Montreal)


Great Small-Sized Toy Photos

    I like old toys, especially when they have quality photography to make them show best.Earlier last week, I was attracted to some Matchbox toys that were well-photographed. They were placed simply on a nice mirror against a white background.That sounds simple enough, and yet I wonder why more people don't take the time to better present their merchandise in the best way for ebay viewers. 

    I do know for a fact that quality photography doesn't always matter, because I often see underexposed,out-of-focus, and improper colour-balance for photos.However, to me, presenting your merchandise best does say something about you to the viewers.

   I wrote to Californiauctioneers  on ebay and got a reply from Mr. Jewels Eubanks. He's a third generation auctioneer who worked with his grandfather, and now works with his father.  He thanked me when I complimented him for his nice photography, and said that he did those himself. What caught my interest even more was when he described how his grandfather used to spend lots of time to layout items for auctions. His "tools of the trade" would be an X-acto knife, graph paper, and an IBM typewriter. I'm sure he also used erasable typewriter ribbon as well for "typos". Nowadays, of course, we use the computer, digital cameras, and the Internet. However, everything still takes time. Time to photograph, to resize the photos, to write the description of the item, and then to load everything to your auction site.  

  When I searched for Californiauctioneers on the Net,I found that they were also on Liveauctioneers, where I often go to look for fine old toys. However, for today, I only have 3 excellent toys for presentation. when I have more time, I'll search for toys at Live auctioneers, then cross-reference them to the  Californiauctioneers website. The home website of auctioneers usually has larger-sized photos than those on Liveauctioneers.











Donl;t forget that you can always view these images at a larger magnification 
in Google Blogger slide view mode.

Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
my e-mail is toysearcher@gmail.com


No comments: