Sunday, December 8, 2013

Beautifully Restored Old Toy Airplanes

Sunday, December 8, 2013


Beautifully Restored Old Toy Airplanes

    About 2 weeks ago, I had received a reply from Mr. Tom Ossman to use his fine photos and to write about him. As it would turn out, Tom's father had taken up restoring old toys, and became quite an expert, and very professional in his work. On November 30, 2013, I wrote about and presented fine trucks that Tom's father had restored. Today I decided to present his airplanes.  Restored toys are not for everyone. I know that from personal experience. When I was buying and selling toys to keep my blog going, I would occasionally restore an old toy. I like to work with my hands, and restoring toys kept me busy, and created a new learning experience for me.  Of course,  restored toys don;t always receive the high prices that old unrestored toys in excellent condition do. Nevertheless, if you like old toys, and don't mind that they have been restored, by all means buy them!

   Having looked at Tom's father's work, I can appreciate all of the work and time  that went into these toys. I would also guess that he had way more tools and machines to work with than I did, and the result show! These toys look like they just came off the assembly line to be sent to stores for this Christmas! 

I would like to also mention that Tom's wife Dessa works with him,and I'm sure he appreciated her working with him. Again, I know from experience. When you sell many items on ebay  there is lots of work to do, so an extra person makes the effort all the more easier.

















 I've only used a few images for each airplane, so if you'd like to see more, drop by Tom and Dessa's ebay location.


Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: