Wednesday, December 11, 2013

An Exceptional Discovery from An Exceptional Seller from France

Thursday, December 12, 2013


An Exceptional Discovery
from an Exceptional Seller from France

   Three days ago, I wrote about a fine French store. The store's name is  ACB Auto Concept Bigaudet, and whose owner is Mr. Betrand Bigaudet. I introduced Bertrand and his fine store,but knew I was going to write more about him and his store later. As it would happen, I decided to write sooner.  I had originally seen 2 listings for scratch motorcycles but presented other nice items on the previous post. However, I returned, and decided to do a bit of Photoshop to the motorcycles. When I placed the first image of the first motorcycle against white, and adjusted the exposure, it was as if I had discovered a long lost Rembrandt painting!

  The motorcycles were built by an exceptional scratch model maker by the name of Mr. Thierry Teillon. I haven't been able to find much information yet on Mr. Teillon, but when I do I will try to remember to share the information with you. I've added the information of each model in the same detail as Bertrand did, in order to match that these 2 fine items that are for sale currently.



"A scratch built model by Thierry Teillon. In 1:24th scale, built in 1996, this two wheeled miniature is a work of art. With the exception of the cast metal engine block and rubber tires (with correct tread pattern) this is entirely scratch built from brass and aluminum. The masters for the engine block and tires were created by T. Teillon and then cast. This model is comprised of hundreds of parts – some so fine you will need a jewelers loop to appreciate them. All wires and hoses are there and seats are leather trimmed. Individually made hand laced wire wheels correctly replicate the actual wheels for this bike. The model includes a poseable front wheel, handlebars and functional hinged stand."

* Description Courtesy of Mr. Bertrand Bigaudet












What's great about Betrand's store or "boutique" as it is called in France (on ebay.fr) is that Bertrand provides as many as 15 images for each listing. As you can readily see,there certainly is lots of details from the description that I added to this motorcycle model.

The second motorcycle is presented below along with its written description

"A scratch built model by Thierry Teillon. In 1:24th scale, built in 1996, this two wheeled miniature is a work of art. With the exception of the cast metal engine block and rubber tires (with correct tread pattern) this is entirely scratch built from brass and aluminum. The masters for the engine block and tires were created by T. Teillon and then cast. This model is comprised of hundreds of parts – some so fine you will need a jewelers loop to appreciate them. All wires and hoses are there and seats are leather trimmed. Individually made hand laced wire wheels correctly replicate the actual wheels for this bike. The model includes a poseable front wheel, handlebars and functional hinged stand."

* Description courtesy of Mr. Bertrand Bigaudet









If you  read the written description for the above motorcycle, you'll have read that the tread pattern is the correct one for that motorcycle model of that time. Talk about making models with exact details!

I'd like to mention that if you visit Betrand's  ebay.fr  website, he describes his listings in English as well as in French. When I write to say that I had written the original post in French and in English, and to proofread the post, Bertrand wrote back in excellent English to say that English was sufficient.  I then wrote back again to thank him, saying that I think that I have to return to school to relearn French again! 


Although models are not toys, I discovered early on that I like models, and so periodically, I wrote both about old and new models. It's the detail that I like as well as the handcrafting, rather than the mechanized manufacture of these fine items.


Thanks for dropping by,
and as always, have a great part of the day
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Evening, i am really enjoy to see my models in your blog . As i say to Mr bigaudet this models look as i built it yesterday, he hold them in very good conditions . I hope that my others owners hold them in same conditions too! Many tanks for your blog,very beautifull old antiques toys.Great..
Friendly
Thierry

toysearcher said...

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for your compliments.
I would be very honoured to have you be a guest on my blog.
May I invite you?

Sincerely,
Stacey

Salut Thierry,

Merci pour vos compliments.
Je serais très honoré de vous être un client sur ​​mon blog.
Puis-je vous inviter?

Cordialement,
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacey,

Sorry to answer so late,of course I'm very glad to be invited on your blog.

Sincerely,
Thierry