Friday, December 13, 2013

Pre-WWII Toy Airplanes-Part II

Friday, December 13, 2013

Pre-WWII Toy Airplanes - Part II
(Bertoia Auctions)

  Yesterday, I had posted the first part of this 2-parter on pre-WWII airplanes. I had decided to use 2 of my American friends - Morphy Auctions, and today - Bertoia Auctions. I prefer to have each person, store, or auctioneer have their own post as thanks for helping me out.Also it's easier for the reader to visit 1 guest site rather than "jump around". I found plenty of nice toy airplanes on each site, and could probably continue easily with 5 more posts on each auctioneer,and their fabulous photos.

To best view these excellent images, change this  view on your computer to Blogger slide view. There the images will be much larger and you'll see the details and colour much better.



Here's a fabulous toy (above) with plenty of movement , varied moving  items, 
and lots and lot of colour.




You got to love the vibrant colour and movement of the four propeller.



I like the geometric and graphic design of this  airplane,as well as the fact that the cardboard wings are still around after all this time! The name is a favourite also.  Icarus (with a letter "c") was the son of  Daedalus in Greek mythology.



Once again, the multi-dimensioned movement makes this a favourite of mine.boat.
The smaller but disproportionately oversized pilots are great.I also like the gears that appear below the bottom of the boat.


Colour and the graphic and geometric design make this also one of my favourites.
I also like the fact that the "wiring" on the airplane holds up the wings.





One hardly gets anything "free" anymore,but imagine once upon a time when a young boy or girl could get a toy to play with for free,just by having their mother purchase biscuits! You can still get  butter cookies in a tin at Ikea ( at least a few years ago you could), but the can is round and just for storage. I should write to Ikea and ask them to make a special tin in different designs for children
 (myself included). Of course, at the checkout counter, I wouldn't tell the cashier that the biscuits and can were for me!


Thanks for dropping by,
and as always,
have a great part of the day or night,
whereever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com




No comments: