Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A revisit to the Belgianmonk at ebay

Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Overcast
-1 C  30.2 F


A Revisit to the belgianmonk



I've been returning to people and auction companies whom I've write about before. For today, it's the belgianmonk, whose fine store on ebay. When I ventured over to ebay and Toys of Times Past, I wasn't disappointed.  There were  lots of fine toys for sale, and when I looked at toys that had been sold, I wasn't disappointed. However, most of the toys sold recently were of modern vintage. For today, I selected two old toys that I have never seen before. The belgianmonk, always has very interesting toys that everyone likes, since there are so many people bidding on his fine array of toys.

Rare Old Marx Prototype Boat Tail Racer
Tin Litho Wind Up Toy Car

 1930's Louis Marx prototype racer.
L x W:  11.5" x 4.25"  292 mm x 118 mm


Antique Pre-war WWII CY Japan Tin Wind Up Toy
Race Car Racer with Celluloid Driver

Rarer find produced by CY of Japan. Tin construction with coloured 
lithography, nickel grill, and wind-up mechanical motor.
 Car can move forward or in circles
Length:  5 1/4"  133 mm






So another week goes by. It seems that the older I get, the faster time moves on.
Fortunately, this winter so far has been hard on everyone. Lots of snow,
followed by rain, with temperatures ranging from -25 C to +7C (-13 C to 44.6 F).

There's only 60 days left to the spring solstice ( March 20), where the days start to get longer. 
However, up here in Quebec, our spring really starts at the end of April!

Thanks for dropping by,
And have a great part of the day or night,
Wherever you may be.

Stacey Bindman
toysearcher@gmail.com


No comments: