Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Matuska (Sweden) Revisited

Wednesday, March 6, 2013


Matuska (Sweden) Revisited

   I was checking my G-mail (Google) mail this morning when I received a bulk e-mail from Matuska. Mike Matuska owns one of the fine auction companies in Sweden, and so I naturally opened the letter, and then went to his website.  Either he's changed it a bit, or I didn't know my way around his site, since I last visited his site. I was browsing about in Swedish, when I realized that I could also  browse in English, which saved me a lot of time in figuring out the translation. Anyway, I discovered his database, and decided to create a post. 

   What's interesting about a European or Scandinavian toy auction house or website  is that you get to see toys that you may not necessarily find in North America. Of course, the opposite is true for Europeans or Scandinavians looking for American toys on European websites. So today's post presents just 1 group of toys, cars that you might not necessarily see in North America. I even narrowed the topic down to wind-up toy cars.




(Please click on the above address to be redirected to this great website)













All of these cars are wind-ups. I bought a Schuco on E-Bay to see what all the "fuss" was about.
It was a modern Schuco, but built strong, and tough! And it ran quite well.  And when you wound it, it had lots of reserve power to drive quite fast. So that's it for today- short and sweet.


Thanks for dropping by,

and have a great part of the day,
wherever you may be.

Stacey








No comments: