Friday, March 29, 2013

There's a Train Car for That!

Friday, March 29, 2013


There's a Train Car for That!

   For today's post, I ended up using only 1 listing from AmbroseBauer Trains LLC. It turns out, there are probably more different train cars for carrying merchandise and materials that I originally had thought about.  Also, all of the cars were made by American Flyer. It turns out that American Flyer is still in business, but is owned by the Lionel Company. At one time, way back, American Flyer was a successful model train company.hit on hard times. However, it had trouble in the marketplace, and was eventually purchased by A.C. Gilbert, known most for their American erector sets. They owned American Flyer from 1938-1966, and the Lionel Company acquired it.














   I don't see too many freight cars near me, so I don't see cars like the above. When I was young and we lived near a freight train track line, I'd see the usual coal, and oil tanker, but never the "rarer" searchlights, or  wrecker cars. Today, near me, I see the oil cars(rarely), the specialized compressed liquified gas cars,  the ship cargo  boxes, finished lumber , and of course, the car  transporters.  I'll probably add another post for other different cars that I didn't add today, in the near future.

Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great day, wherever you may be.

And by the way, 
Happy Easter, and Passover.
Stacey


3 comments:

Janice Berry said...

A1 WreckersCash For Scrap Car and car wreckers brisbane offers you the cash for cars and affordable second hand part shopping experience. Whether you want a spare car part or want to sell your junk car, you won’t be disappointed with us.

Max muller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jackey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.