Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Fine Portuguese Seller with Great Toy Vehicles

       Thursday, July 3, 2014
Hot, humid, overcast, and rain later in the day


A Fine Portuguese Seller with Great Toy Vehicles


   I'm writing this post in the evening because I was busy during the day. I gave an older PC computer to my friend and helped him move the parts to his house from my house . Earlier in the day, I mowed my lawn, but not being in the shape (condition) that I should, I was tired.  So I took a little nap,and  went for coffee. I came home, talked with my wife Heidi, then started to water the lawn. The next thing I knew it was 8:00 P.M. in the evening.

   I originally bought and sold toys on ebay, but after about 2 years, I decided to stop selling. I didn't make any money, but had lots of enjoyment photographing the toys that I purchased. So I decided to ask seller, auctioneers, collectors if I might be allowed to use their photos and write about them. Not everyone said yes, but I was very fortunate to have most people say yes, and help me out.

    I've learned not to be discouraged when I do get a no,and this week I got 2. However, early this morning I saw a nice Structo car (USA) circa 1920's on  ebay, and decided to write the seller. I got a reply later on, and I had the permission from Mr. Duarte Pinto from Portugal. He's been a collector for 40+ years, and has nope decided to sell some of his toys in his collection. 

    I've selected just 2 for today to introduce Duarte, but for sure I'll be looking for more fine toys in the future. What I especially like as you know, if you read my blog on a regular basis is nice photography, with large-sized photo, and lots of photos.  And Duarte has all 3 criteria. I just placed the toys against white, since I find that presents the toys best (without any distractions).








Whenever I see a Structo toy, I think that the company should have been named "Indestructo".
These toys were designed to last, and are quite strong. For a toy that's 90 years old, it still works, and is in great shape!
By the way, the toy weighs   2 pounds, 10.3 ounces or 1.2 KG!


 I never heard of a JELBA toy (Spain) until today.
The toy's cab is made of black bakelite while the platform (truck bed) is metal. This toy is also a heavy-duty (meant to last) truck, but it's a "youngster" to the Structo.  This JELBA  was made in the late 1940's-1950's - a mere 65-70 years "young".

 One day, I'm going to have to go to Toys "R" Us, and see 
what kind of cars and truck they sell in 2014.
What I find particularly  interesting is to see the original  springs of the truck.

It's great when you have the original box (added value to the price of the item).
You can see the illustrations and what the truck will do when wound up.

I've seen an engine block on an American-made truck that I've written about, 
but the era and the manufacturer's name escapes me.It's a nice toy feature for a child to play with. Also take a look at that other hood spring - still there!



I like the 2 photographs that Duarte took in series for this ebay listing.  The photographs are excellent and illustrate how the truck platform (truck bed) will open during its moving around.

I also like those raised wheel  hubs that simulate screws.
I aways like detail, and these hubs certainly are that among the other features!


Thanks for dropping by, 
and as always, 
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com


No comments: