Monday, July 21, 2014

A Beautiful Early Fisher Airplane

Monday, July 21, 2014
       Sunny, clear skies and hot

A Beautiful Early Fisher Airplane

   I was doing "the usual", that is, visiting Liveauctioneers, when my eye caught a beautiful early Fisher (Germany) airplane that will be auctioned off through  Morphy Auctions.  I haven't visited Dan Morphy's fine website lately, so when I recently did, I was nicely surprised. Morphy Auctions  has expanded their realm to include many other types of items that will come to auction. I'll be writing about that in the near future. If I had more time, I'd have a few other blogs just to write about other fine collectibles beside toys.


The first thing to catch my attention was the colour - a beautiful combination of pastel reds, brown and yellows, contrasting with the blue/cyan. Of course the next detail is the design - a very ear;y model airplane.

If you read the description, the toy is quite interesting in that as the toy is wound, the songs flap up and down.


The delicate from design is also  quite interesting, and the 3 wheels are nice as well.

 Here's a side-byside view of the left and right side of the uniformed airplane pilot.
It's interesting to see that the left side appears to have the pilot smiling, compared with the right side of his face.
The propellers are made of celluloid, which is an older natural material that was used in earlier times as a material.If you visit the Wikipedia link below, you'll find a most interesting article about this material.


This very fine Fisher toy is quite rare, and the initial bidding price starts at $ 1000.00 US.
I'm sure there is going to be a lot of interest in this rare and most beautiful toy.

Thanks for dropping by,
and as usual, 
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be,
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: