Thursday, April 25, 2024

A Large Variety of Sports Cards and Sports Collectibles Comes to Market

Thursday, April 25 , 2024
Clear skies but Cold
6° C / 43° F

A Large Variety of Sports Cards and
Sports Collectibles Comes to the Market


Please click on this line to redirect to the Liveauctioneers Auction

I've been blogging since 2011, and have enjoyed writing, and meeting all different people and their companies who buy and sell. Most of my blog posts have been about "old and antique toys". However, I've been contacting people lately to see what they would like me to write about. 

Why not. 

So many people have been so nice to allow me to write about their companies or their toys and trusted me with their photos, 
why not try something different?

And that's how I came to write a post about an interesting sports auction from
Mr. Wylie Stivers. Wylie's specialty website is often busy with trains. 
But he also sells "other stuff" as you can read from his company name.
I always wondered what the "other stuff" was, and now I know.

Below:

A screen-capture of upcoming auctions.




I'm not the sports fan that I was when I was younger. So when I was going to write this blog post for Wylie Stivers, I asked if I could  pick some solder baseball cards from my era. Wylie didn't mind, so I chose the cards below.

When you're selling baseball cards on the Internet, you provide lots
of photos for sellers to look at the condition and quality of the cards.

And that's why, Wylie photographed many of the individual cards.
Detail and condition are very important.

Baseball Cards








There are also sets of card for sale.
The group below is made up of 38 players from the 196n set of
baseball star cards "to. include some American and National League
batting and pitching leaders cards, plus stars such as Banks, Yaz, Allen, Killebrew, Cepeda, Drysdale, Kaline, Williams, Carew, Robinson, Palmer, and more.



Basketball Cards

Wylie's auction also has basketball cards. I selected the players
whose names I knew when they played.

I remember all of these players back then. It was easier then, 
because there were fewer teams and fewer outstanding players.
In the 1970's there were 17 teams, while today in 2024, there are 30 teams.






Description Below

Factory sealed 1989, 1990 and 1991 Score baseball
card sets, all mint as seen in the photo.

When you visit Wylie's website, there are many, many 
more photos of each and every item.


There are also, other items for sale
Below is one example.

A grouping of pennants


To be continued........





















 



No comments: