Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Selkirk Auctions

Tuesday, April 30, 2024
Overcast
7° C / 44 ° F

Selkirk Auctions
(St. Louis, Missouri, USA)


I allot about 1 hour a day to search for interesting auctioneers and their nice toys.
Last week, I came across a beautiful grouping of old dolls.  They were European Dolls mostly from France. What caught my attention was that they were is such great condition, considering they were fairly old. Moreover, being a photographer, their photography was excellent for the subjects being photographed. The dolls were propped up by a hidden stand,
and were photographed with soft lighting (the photographic unit is called a "softbox".

As part of the hour, I was able to send an e-mail to Selkirk Auctions, and then waited later in the week or more, for a reply.  I received a reply a few day later, and the writer gave me 
permission to write about this beautiful set of dolls.

Description:

FRENCH SFBJ BISQUE HEAD DOLL
"Head marked from top to bottom "23 - France-SJ BJ-14".
"Set eyes, mouth is open below the teeth with pierced ears,
jointed at the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrist, hips, and knees.
30.5" (77.5 cm) height."

* I was curious what the initials SFBJ stood for, so I did a quick search in Wikipedia.
If you click on the sentence below, you will be redirected to a  short but well-written article
about the SFBJ company.



What I also found interesting and informative is the amount of detail for any small "issue" with the condition of the toy, such as a small crack, a missing earring, and so forth.
Not all buyers will look scrupulously  at a photo to look at the details.

Bravo to Selkirk for letting on-line buyers know 
this information with what they are buying!  




Description:

BISQUE HEAD DOLL
"Possibly German. Head marked "13".With sleep eyes, mouth open below the teeth and pierced ears. Jointed neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips and knees.
 29" (73.66 cm) Height"

I'm still in awe at the condition of these old dolls, as well as the shoes the dress 
and the earrings!




Description:

FRENCH BISQUE HEAD DOLL
" Head  marked with a script "13". Sleep eyes, open mouth with teeth, pierced ears,
jointed neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips and knees.
29" (73.66 cm) Height





So that's it for today. I hoped you liked this post today. It was something different from what I usually write about. Seeing these fine-looking and excellent condition dolls, photographed beautifully, was inspiring enough to write this post.

I hoped that you enjoyed it.

Thanks for visiting, and as always,
Have a great part of the day, or night wherever you may be.

My name is (Mr.) Stacey Bindman
and I can always be reached at my email address:

toysearcher@gmail.com




No comments: