Saturday, April 20, 2024

Everything Counts When Toys are Collected and Auctioned

Saturday, April 20, 2024
11° C  / 52° F
Cloudy with Sunny Periods

Everything Counts When Toys 
are Collected and Auctioned


If you read my blog regularly, you'll know that lately, I've been revisiting 
individual collectors and auction houses. 

One of the companies is
Milestone Auctions


They're a well-respected and renowned Auction Company, because anybody 
dealing with people have to be top-notch, very personable,
and of course knowledgeable.

What I also appreciate from them is their excellent descriptions,
and excellent photography. I sometimes try and
improve photos that are underexposed or overexposed or have some
dust or scratches on the base that the toys are resting on. But with today's
photos there was no need to do anything.

I was searching 2 different auctions that Milestone Auctions had on 2 different times.
April 9, 2022 
January 13, 2024

Both of these toys are very rare, and that is what was a key factor
when the final gavel hammer knock was hit. For myself, the two toys 
from their different auction appeared to me, to have very close 
qualities in terms of the toys themselves.

A more-noticeable difference was something that I never realized 
would be such an important factor in the final price of the 2 different 
auction items. That was the condition of the original boxes that the 2 toys came with.

Below are the auction photos from April 9, 2022

Description

"THE HOLY GRAIL OF POPEYE TOYS" 
Linemar battery operated Popeye and Olive Oyl Tank.
Length:  11" /  27.94 cm

  

Below are the auction photos from January 13, 2024

If you carefully look at the excellent photos, you
will see that this toy is in very good condition.
     

So that's it for today.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post. It's not often
that I find 2 rare toys in very good condition, but the key
difference in the final winning price was due mostly to the box 
that came with the toy. 

Nevertheless, both final price results were still some of the higher prices
that I've seen while writing.

Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

My name is (Mr.) stacey Bindman
and I can always be reached at:

toysearcher@gmail.com



















 

No comments: