Monday, April 15, 2024

Milestone Auctions Revisited

Monday, April 15, 2024
13° C / 55° F
Cloud with some sun

Milestone Auctions Revisited


I've been looking through my current 1570 posts, and writing new posts 
for companies from whom I've had the pleasure and their permission 
to write about. One of these excellent companies is Milestone Auctions. 
I wrote on a Sunday just to ask for permission and make contact again,
and within a few hours, I had heard from Miles. 

Wow!  I thought everybody got Sundays off to relax.

Needless to say, Miles replied and said I had the OK to write. Normally, with everyone I write about, and later on, I write first and then send them a notice to see how they are , and top please proofread what I wrote. When this post is up, I'll write back to Miles and thank him and ask for him to proofread the post.

As luck would have it, went I went to Liveauctioneers, which is a service for companies to auction their products or merchandise, and when I typed in 
"Milestone Auctions", and chose a past auction from December 2, 2023,
I found a surprise!  Within this auction were a wonderful set of old toys that had been beautifully restored. 

This was my "Eureka Moment"
 For those who don't know what a Eureka moment is, 
the word Eureka means "I found it". 

When I write back to Miles, I'm going to ask him if he knew the person 
who restored this wonderful set of toys that you see today. When I 
started to write this blog in 2011, I would buy and sell toys. 
Sometimes, I would even restore them. There's a lot of work to restore a toy,
and my restorations were nowhere near these beautiful toys that you see today.


(Clicking of the above website address will get you to a new window)



         




Old toys are always great to see, even if they were restored. They still have value albeit the fact that they were "restored". Are they worth less because they were "restored"? Perhaps, but it would depend on who was buying these 
wonderfully-restored toys.

In 100 years from now, these restored toys will be old again, 
and someone will be happy to have them regardless.

Thanks for visiting,
and as always,

Have a great time of the day or night, wherever you may be.

My name is (Mr.) Stacey Bindman and
I can always be reached at toysearcher@gmail.com






 












No comments: