Friday, May 15, 2020

Finding Toy Photos even on Stamps

Friday, May 15, 2020
Cloudy
15 C 59 F


Finding Toy Photos
even on Stamps


 
Courtesy USPS (United States Postal Service)


       I was doing a search for toys when one of the images that came up was stamps. Specifically, the stamps were of American toys fro the early 1900's. I'm in a rush right now, but I had to post this, because it's so interesting.  The excellent photos from Bertoia Auctions are not the exact match of the stamps, and I'm missing 2 photos of the stamps. Nevertheless, there are the superb photos from Bertoia, and I'll try and search for the exact toys. These stamps are from 2002, and since then, more American stamps of  American toys have been issued.

Courtesy USPS (United States Postal Service)




Courtesy of Wikipedia

That triangular-shaped platform at the front of the train
steam-engine was for "catching cows" so as to not
damage the train engine. Unfortunately, it
didnt save the cow!


As I mentioned before, the Bertoia toys are not matches to the stamps, and I'll be searching out my database of photos to see if I can find exact photos to match the stamps.

In the meantime, if anyone has any of these 4 toys, and would like to send me their photos,
I'll be glad to post them for you on this particular post. You'll just have to take good photos, the instructions of which I will mail to you.

Thanks for dropping by,
and as usual,
Have a great part of the day or night,
Wherever you may be.

Toysearcher@gmail.com

Stacey Bindman

No comments: