Thursday, May 21, 2020

A very, very rare Marklin refrigerator car

Thursday, May 21, 2020S
Sunny
24 C 75 F
S



Marklin Schlitz Refrigerator
Car 2959S
1 gauge. Yellow refrigerator with opening doors on each side
Produced for the American Market 1907-1915
Version from before 1909
Hinged roof

As you know, I've been searching through my past posts to see
whom I had written about, when Dirk Soulis Auctions came up.
So that's how this post came to be.
I wanted to find something "exceptional" or rare, 
and came across this "real" antique, which
is dated to have been made around 1907, 113 years ago!

I was going to title this post
"Honey, I'm going out to get a Schlitz", but
I decided that this title would be a bit un-classy, for
a real class company such as Dirk Soulis Auctions,

But if those words were true,  I can just imagine how this person's wife would have felt, 
when this buyer came home with this refrigerator train car!












 Exceptional
rarity sold for at auction on June 9, 2012.
The estimated price before the auction started was between
$ 20.00 - $ 2000.00 US.




Now if I had saved my 1950's Lionel train set, 
my microscope set, my toy brass trumpet,  my toy tool box,
my comic books, my Classic brand of comic books, and my toy six shooter!

I can dream can't I?


Thanks for dropping by,
and as always,
have a great part of the day 
or night, wherever you may be.

toysearcher@gmail.com

Stacey Bindman



No comments: