Friday, May 8, 2020

Emerald City Toys has a New Website Look

Friday, May 8, 2020
Sunny with Clouds
10 C  50 F



I've been going returning to my old blog posts and looking up the posts that I have written From there I've been clicking the link on the first page. From there, I am able to visit the updated websites of these nice people and companies, who have allowed me to use their photos and narratives, and descriptions of their items for sale.

When I was redirected to  EMERALD CITY TOYS, I was pleasantly surprised to see a very updated  site on ebay

On the front page, there is a very useful and well-designed rectangle of item brands and identifying characteristics (e.g. clockwork, tin.pre-war) of toys and categories. Not only that, but clicking on each of the red brand names or descriptors to get to that category of toys. 

Not only that, but you can  select different categories of toys from their categories below. Once again, clicking on a category, refreshes the page to see all of that grouping.
Very, very professionally done. 




Below:

Brand: Modern Toys
Circa: 1950's
Material: Lithographed Tin
Battery-Operated
Length:  12"  305 mm




Brand:  Mettoy (British)
Circa: 1930's
Material: Lithographed Tin
Clockwork motion
Length:  7 1/4"  184 mm




Brand:  Alps
Circa: 1950's
Material : Lithographed Tin
Clockwork motion
Length:  6" 152 mm

This toy is very popular for its' colour , 50'd litho colour

Brand: Technoflex  (Germany)
Circa: 1950's
Material : lithographed tin and plastic (?) windshield
Clockwork mechanism
Length: 8"  203 MM


Description: 1936 Nomura / Kosuge Packard four door
Brand: Nomura (Japan)
Circa: 1936 (pre-war Japan)
Material: Lithographed tin 
Clockwork mechanism (motor)
Beautifully restored
Length: 11" 280 mm


Racer
Brand: Bandai NSU 
Circa: 1950's
Material: Lithographed Tin with nickel-plated bumpers
Friction (motor)
Length: 13"  330 mm






Brand:  Hess
Circa: 1920's
Material: Lithographed tin
Flywheel mechanism powered by handle in the grill
Length:  8.5"  210mm


Horseless Carriage
Brand: Gunthermann
Material:  Lithographed Tin
Circa: early 1900's ( A true 100 year old "antique")
Length:  5"  127 mm



I certainly enjoyed writing this post. I especially liked the  professionally-done and 
superbly-designed website. Of course, I always enjoyed the fine toys that EMERALD CITY TOYS
always seem to have. Today's post has  an excellent grouping of toys, many of which I haven't seen before.


And as always,
Have a great part of 
the day or evening

I can be reached at
toysearcher@gmail.com

Stacey Bindman



No comments: