Monday, January 20, 2014

The Lincoln Toys (Canada) Collection - An On-going Project

Monday, January 20, 2014


The Lincoln Toys (Canada) Collection
(An On-going Project)

  Last week, I was able to add  3 posts about Lincoln Toys which were made in Canada. A fellow Canadian from One of the Prairie Provinces has been selling a fabulous collection. Many of the toys are Lincoln Toys that were made in Canada, so Im ver fortunate to be able to post. 

   I've titled this post and others to follow, "An On-going Project", because I would like to keep posting until I have all of the toys or as many as I can obtain.  I had Mr. Ron Michaud from Maine help me out with a beautiful Lincoln cement mixer. If anyone out there has some nice Lincoln toys and would like to share them with everyone please feel free to contact me. I was surprised that Lincoln toys can be found in the USA, and thus I would think that the company had a strong production and well-established sales department. Even on ebay, there is one seller who sells Lincoln (Modern-made) decals.

A Friend From the Canadian Prairies
© Copyright 2014



These Lincoln Cabs (Truck) remind me of those "cute" 
Wyandotte (USA) trucks and cars of the 1940's-1950's.







I especially like this Lincoln tow truck.  I can't tell (too much shadow) if those 2 wheels in the back would come off and be placed under a car needing a tow. The words "Dunlop Tires" written on the decal are a British tire producer. With Canada being part of the British Commonwealth, we still had and have a strong link to Great Britain. 



Many of the same Lincoln trucks and truck bodies would be used with different trailers or haulers.



I like the 2 letter "u" shaped frames that could be used to hold cars on the hauler.


This is one of the cars that would be loaded on to the car transporter.







A real beautifully-repainted Lincoln "Massey Harris" combine.
Notice from the description that Lincoln Toys had an American Company (Reuhl) build this toy. This camera angle is great. It presents a nice graphic and geometric view of the toy from a high pint of view. 

Not surprisingly, if you do a search on e-bay for old toys, farm toys and farm machinery toys are quite numerous and popular as collectibles.


Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com









3 comments:

Unknown said...

We have three Lincoln toys and are interested in learning more about them but have limited internet access
Do you have any preferred reference material to suggest and listings for Canadian parts supply’s available

Unknown said...

I list on Ebay a Lincoln ciment mixer truck like the Elwood crane, I found another one on internet at the Canadian Museum of History.

Unknown said...

I recently found a little Lincoln pressed steel toy dump truck in the forest. It is missing the dump box, wheels And the grill. I plan on restoring it, as it is an amazing little toy. It is missing the grill unfortunately. Is there a place I can get replacements? Thanks!