Monday, January 13, 2014

The Lincoln Toys (Canada) Collection - An On-going Project

Monday, January 13, 2013
           (Mild and Mostly Cloudy)


The Lincoln Toys (Canada) Collection
An On-going Project

    A few days ago, I was happy to receive permission from someone who is selling a fabulous collection of Canadian toys from the Lincoln Toys company that was located in Walkerville, Ontario (Canada).  The company produced fine-quality pressed steel toy from 1946-1959. THe person refers to be "low-key" (private), but wrote back to say that I may identify him as "Reg from The Prairies"
For those who don't know, "The Prairies" are a vast area made up of several provinces - Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta (East to West"). The word "prairie" means grassland.   As Canada expanded westward in the middle of the 19th century, many European farmers realized the potential for growing all types of grain (wheats, barley, oats) on this most-fertile area.At one point way back then Canada was the #1 grower of these crops in the world.

* If anyone should need any of these photographs, please write to me, and I will pass on your request to the owner of these very "Canadian" fine Toys.





If you look carefully on the doors right near the step,you can see several small holes. 
The Lincoln comp;any used the same cab for several truck models. The same can be seen on the truck with the front scoop (Mostly used as  a snowplow - it's Winter in Canada, eh!).



I like how the owners of Lincoln Toys decided to use Canadian cities for the truck.



The latch on the back of this truck is a replacement (Not original).







The same  truck that you saw above is again used for this auto transport.





The above truck is the same one as the one that was pulling the "Purity Flour".





If you go back to my January 11, 2013 post,you'll see the farm implements from the same company.
I don't know exactly how many toys were produced. I did read from someone who I'm trying to get permission from, who mentioned in an ebay listing, that the company produced 24 trucks ,an airplane, and 1 other type of toy.

If anyone out there has some Lincoln toys that I haven't presented today or in the future,please send me some photos with a written note allowing me to post, and I will happily add them to the "on-going" collection of Lincoln Toys.

My email address is toysearcher@gmail.com

Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey





   


No comments: