Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Another Canadian Seller with a Lincoln Toy

Tuesday,January 20, 2014
  (Clearing skies but getting very cold!)
  ( Back to the Polar Vortex weather!)


Another Canadian Seller
with a Lincoln Toy
(An On-going Project)

  One of my current "projects' for this blog is to find as many Lincoln Toys (Canada) as I can find. I was fortunate last week to find someone who is selling a fine collection of these Canadian toys. I've posted farms toys and then a large grouping of trucks, and today, we have a nice road grader,but it's missing its' scraper. Nevertheless, it's in fine condition.

  As I was browsing ebay today, I found today's Lincoln Toys road grader # 1451. I got permission from Mr. Larry Aucoin,  from  Ontario  - the Canadian Province next to mine (Quebec). Larry even had a fine history of the company which I copied and pasted below.

"This local company's products, almost fifty years after it's demise, have become sought after by toy enthusiasts all over the world. In fact, one collector notes the average "Lincoln" toy can fetch $100 to $600,  depending on its condition. Before you run off to check the old toy box in the attic, read on to discover a fascinating history of a home grown business made good.
Founded by father and son team, Haven and Fredrick Kimmerly (who at the time resided at 2448 Gladstone and 1009 Windermere respectively), the business made its first appearance in the Windsor city directory in 1946.
In 1941, the Kimmerly's and close family friends, the Lynn's, amicably split their small metal stamping business, LK Metals, into two companies. The Kimmerly's opened "Kay Manufacturing" at Lincoln & Erie, while the Lynn's carried on as LK Metals. The two companies remained connected, with Kay Manufacturing making components for some of LK Metal's products, such as gas heaters, in addition to their own product line which consisted (in part) of fireplace covers and stove pipes." *

* Courtesy Mr. Larry Aucoin

Larry Aucoin
Please click here to visit Larry Aucoin's fine ebay store



I liked the way Larry framed and composed his photos. Therefore, I decided to leave the contents in, rather than whiten the background. What I did do is to remove most of the colour from the background to emphasize the orange road grader. 










Made in Canada, eh!

So this is one more Lincoln toy found, and who knows how many discover.
The journey will continue…

Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Quite a few Lincoln toys around. Mostly at my house. lol. Also collect Li'l Beaver and other Canadian made toys.

toysearcher said...

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the comment.

If you'd be interesting in sending me photos of your toys, I;'ll be happy to create a post for you.
regards,

Stacey Bindman
Blogwriter

Unknown said...

Hi Stacey. Not sure how I would send them through this blog, but I can figure that out soon enough. You can get an idea of some of my collection of Lincoln, and other Canadian makers by checking collectors weekly, or even just googling my CW name Otaco4me. Sorry it took a while to get back to you. Blog didn't trip a signal that any message was sent to me. Just happened to be digging into Lincoln toy history again. Looking at hubcap variations. lol
I will look into upload to your blog when I am not at work.
Best regard,
Richard

toysearcher said...

Hi Richard,

The best and easiest way to send photos is to e-mail them as attachments (JGEG's) to my Google mail.
THe best sizes that I like to work with are 4" x 5" or 5" x 4" (Vertical) @ 300 dpi.
I then reduce them to 4" x 5" @ 144 dpi.

My address is toysearcher@gmail.com

Thanks for replying,
Stacey Bindman