Friday, October 18, 2013

The Hubley Car Kits

Friday, October 18, 2013


The Hubley Car Kits

  I've been looking for ways to increase the readership on my blog. One way is to join groups on such Photo-sharing sites as Picasa and Flickr. However, I can only share my photos, as the last 1 1/2 years of photos on my blog belong to others. Even with copyright notices, I will sometimes see other photos on Pinterest!  

  I was looking at photos on Flickr, when I came across a nice photo of a toy that turned out to be a
completed from a late 1950's - early 1960's Hubley die cast kit. I searched some more with the words "Hubley Kit", and found a group that collectively had a nice group of these kits. I sent an e-mail to one person, but I hadn't heard from him, so I sent another e-mail to another person, and he answered me. I'll have to get his last name, but his name is Bob and goes by the name of Boats-n-cars for all of his items posted on that group. He gave me permission to use his photos ,and he had enough for me to write a complete post of my" usual" 10 photos or more. 

  What's great about the Net for writing and blogs is that when I need information, I will 99% of the time find it somewhere, and so it was with information about these Hubley kits. I found a result right away from my initial search at: Click here

  The "click here" site is  at  http://www.hubleykits.com, and that's from where I wrote  the material . The first Hubley kits were sold in 1959 and were made of die cast zinc and plastic. Eventually, the Hubley company succumbed to changing times, and it was bought by Gabriel Industries, who then was bought by CBS Toys. Another company by the name of  JLE (ERTL) located in Iowa made the kits until 2000, using the basic molds with some minor changes to add the name to their toys.  

Boat-n-Cars

As you can see below, Bob has a nice collection of models, boxes, and leaflets to make for a nice post.


 













   I don't often venture past 1950 as far as toy posts go, but the Hubley company and their cast iron toys are one of my favourites, so I just couldn't resist adding these fine models.  I worked on the photos to present them against a white background. The models certainly present themselves well, but Bob gets the credit! He built these models very well, and his photography was great. I just did some "finishing touches" to bring these fine toys to the "exhibition". I'll try to find more information such as the size of these models, but for now, I'm very pleased as to how the post came out.

Thanks for dropping by,
and as always, have a great part of the day,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
Please feel free to write to me anytime at:
toysearcher@gmail.com



















No comments: