Friday, October 18, 2013

An Inquiry from Finland

Sunday, October 20, 2013


An Inquiry from Finland

   On Friday, I received another inquiry,but this time from Finland. Mr. Mika Jarkia had a toy and asked if I knew where he might get parts for it. It was given  about 55 years ago when he was a "younger" boy. I used the term "younger" as we all are still boys or girls at heart. Mika asked if I might know where he might get replacement parts for this toy. 

I wrote back to say that he could  try both: 
Classic Tin Toy Company( Click to be redirected)   and 
Thomas Antique Toy Parts (Click to be redirected)

   I did not notice that Mika had in fact added the type of the car in the e-mail title - a 1958 Mercedes 190 SL,which I asked him for in my reply. So fast forward 8 hour later, and I realized that the toy type was there.  I typed in the Mercedes 190 SL into a search at Liveauctioneers, and up comes a result from Bertoia Auctions for a toy to be auctioned off on November 9, 2013. If you wonder why I am writing this post on a Friday, it's because it's raining  here in Montreal, and I wanted to get ahead. Google doesn't have a pre-posting schedule for people to post in advance, but post0date the date. 

  I wrote back to Mika that I'd add his photos and those of Bertoia to a new post, and we'll see if anyone can help out Mika,or perhap Mr. Thomas and Julia (his daughter who has helped me out many times) and  Classic Tin Toy can  in fact find Mika his parts. I'm not sure if they came, as this is a toy manufacturer that I have never heard of, so parts may not be than common or being made. Perhaps there is someone out there who just purchased a new 3D printer and might communicate with Mika?

  The Bertoia toy may not be the toy that Mika has, since their toy is a wind-up and the interior decor is different from the Seidel (Bertoia) listing. 







Mr. Mika Jarkia







New Material Added
October 22, 2013

When I wrote Mika to inform him that his post was up, I suggested that he send me more photo, which he did. I decided to place some of them against white to show them better, and to help show people the new additions.

Mika also write that:

"Some details of the car are that the car has an electric motor 4.5 v and 
a gearbox with two steps ahead, free, stop and astern used by stick"







I'm sure this toy is European in manufacture, so most likely if anyone will identify it, 
it will be our European cousins

Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever yuo may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com




No comments: