Thursday, November 8, 2012

Saturday, November 10, 2012


Mr. Dick Claus' Auction Sale
Through Bertoia Auctions


(Please press on the link above to visit Bertoia Auctions)

      I was working on this post for Saturday, when I realized this fantastic collection of toys from Mr. Dick Claus will be auctioned off this Saturday, November 10, 2012. Needless to say, I wanted to share this with everyone, so please visit the Bertoia site as these fine toys are presented on the site in a good size to see fine details.

     I've added the sizes of these toys as they are BIG! I'm going to write about the history of the Bing toy company in the future, but you might want to visit Wikedpedia to get some information. The history of toys and the Bing COmpany, in particular is quite interesting.

   So for today, I'm just presenting the finely-photographed ships and boats of the Dick Claus Collection.


If you're a movie fan, the boat above should "ring a bell" in your head.
One of my favourite movies is the 1951 movie African Queen with Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn. It takes place in Africa, at the time when WWI breaks out in Europe.
The boat above is a "cousin"to the one found in the movie. However, this "cousin" is far more glamorous than the one in the movie








     I hope many of you will drop by Bertoia's to view the Dick Claus collection, because these are some outstanding toys. It's unbelievable that some privileged children back then could have their parents buy them such toys. I've been in some restaurants and companies that displayed models of ships and boats, and these "toys" stand their own to any "models"


Thanks for dropping by, and have a nice weekend.

And as always, have a great part of the day, wherever you may be.

Stacey

No comments: