Monday, November 26, 2012

By Land, Sea, and Air

Monday, November 26, 2012
              Cold, Clear, and Sunny



By Land, Sea, and Air

    Sometimes, I have a preconceived idea as to what I'm to write about, and other times, I think about it for a bit. Today's post was the latter. I speedily paged though my O'Brien's Book - Collecting Toys, and I had my idea for the day.

    I then went to Live Auctioneers where I have Bertoia Auctions permission to use their Photos, and I started to search. And that's where I got "stuck" for about 2 minutes! The search yielded me 68 pages of toys, and I didn't know where to start. It was like giving a 5 year old child a choice of selecting a toy in Toys "R" Us, and that's how I felt at the moment. I could have been with the Bertoia list for hours, because there were so many great choices to make.

   So I said to myself, "myself I said", just start with page 1, and move through page-by-page until you have 10-11 images. And that's what I did. I think I only went to page 4, and I had a beautiful collection and selection for today.

   Today's presentation are much older toys form the early 1900's and later. When you realize just how many toys are out there, I could be writing this blog for the next 2 centuries!. It's like they say about restaurants in Montreal. You could eat every day for the next 15 years, and never visit the same restaurant twice!




 















     When one thinks how accessible any subject is on the Net, it truly "boggles the mind". Moreover, its the people out there in the world who have help me with the use of their fine images and content, that are even more amazing. And then, of course,there are you- the people who read my blog and make writing all the more worthwhile.

      And just 1 final note. I do get the privilege to write about the unique and wonderful toys out there, but I am always open to writing about any stories or toys that might be interesting for all people to read. So if you ever want me to write about your toys, and your experiences, by all means, feel free to write to me.

Thanks for Dropping by,
and
Have a Great Morning, Afternoon, or Evening
Wherever you may be.





No comments: