Thursday, November 1, 2012

Buddy-L Toys

Thursday, November 1, 2012


Buddy-L Toys

     I'd seen Buddy-L toys on E-Bay, but never took much notice of them. On Tuesday, I  returned again to icollector, and saw a nice Buddy-L truck. I already recognized the fine quality photograph of the Dan Morphy Auctions company, so I expanded the search. Lo and behold, I came across a collection of "professionally-restored" Buddy-L toys, and some others in very nice condition.

    If you go to Wikipedia and then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_L, you will find the history of the Buddy-L company. I'll  dig around to try and find more information. As for today's presentation of toys, most of the toys are large, averaging about 24" (71 cm) in length. What I also like about many of the toys is their interaction with young children, and their mechanical designs.


(Please click on the above address to go to the Dan Morphy Auctions website)



     The image-capture above is where you will find some of the toys that I've presented below.  There are many other toys as well.

























     Whomever restored the restored toys above certainly did a marvellous job. Also,when you look at the prices received form the bid winners, it was nice to see that prices were high. Most of the toys were made in the 1930's, and certainly have lasted for a long time.


Thanks for dropping by, 
and have a great time of the day, wherever you may be.

Stacey



No comments: