Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Opamerica - Post # 2

Tuesday, November 27, 2012
                   (Post # 2 of the day)


Opamerica - Post # 2

    I wrote about Opamerica  a few days ago. At that point,I wanted to add more photos from the nice site,but the problem was with Blogger (Google). It turned out that I couldn't download photos above 3 MB. Blogger decided to resize any large file to a small size,and the nice composites on Opamerica's site on E-Bay were compromised! I eventually figured out that I could "cut up" the composites into small portions, then upload them to this blog. But by then, I was tiring out,and so decided to wait for another day. So today, the day, to add more of Opamerica's nice toys and photos.

Opamerica's Design on E-Bay



The toy above is called a "Sandy Andy Caterpillar Tractor"
It measures 10" (L" x 4 1/2" (W) or 254 mm (L) x89 mm (w)
(Manufactured by the Wolverine Manufacturing & Supply Company  (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Established 1903)
For a more thorough toy description, please visit Opamerica's site. 



The toy above is  a Buddy "L" Scarab # 711 toy.
It measures 10" x 4 1/4" x 3 1/2" or 254 mm  x 115 mm x 89mm (LxWxH)
For a more thorough toy description, please visit Opamerica's site. 

I like these round-type old cars. They remind me of those B & W 
serial movie gangster cars form those 1930's-1940's movies.



The toy above is an Elenee brand toy "Speed Racer #20).
(New York, New York)

It has self-propulsion through a wormscrew and a spring.

I've never seen this type of wind-up or propulsion before!

It measures 12" (L") x 4 1/4" (W) or 315 mm (L) x 83 mm (w)
For a more thorough toy description, please visit Opamerica's site. 



     It's great when a seller, collector, or auctioneer has fine-quality and large-sized photos of their salable items. It makes viewing them so much better. Also having the ability to look at the detail is great. I like the way I can look at the detail of that red Buddy "L" wind-up mechanism , and compare it with the Elenee one.

This finishes my second blog for today, 
and by 08:20 A.M. in the morning (EST).

Thanks for dropping by, and have a great 
morning, afternoomn, or evening,
wherever you may be.

Stacey



2 comments:

John Schindler II said...

I’m a lifelong antiquer, and am making my passion for antiques a full-time business by selling antiques online. I’m blogging about my experiences at my blog, Wisdom Lane Antiques: wisdomlaneantiques.blogspot.com.

I love your blog—just became a follower—and would like to invite you to follow my own new blog.

I’m very excited to be joining the antique selling community online.

Thanks,

John Schindler II

toysearcher said...

Hi John,

Thanks for the comment, and my apologies for the delay in relying.
I don't get as many comments as I'd like,but I appreciate the comment.
I dropped by your site, and saw some interesting items,although not toys.

Stacey