Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Tootsietoy Hudson

Saturday, March 10, 2012


The Tootsietoy Hudson

     Lately, I've been shying away from buying Tootsietoys. I made  "mistakes" in buying a whole bunch of nicely re-painted Tootsietoys without wheels and axles. My mistake was  exactly those 2 items: re-painted, and no wheels or axles.

    Also, there are certain Tootsietoys that are  more in demand, hence I might pay more for them, but they also will sell easier. The Tootsietoy Grahams, LaSalles, older Macks, and the odder" items sell well.
One of these "odder ones" is the Hudson. This is the one that I'm presenting today. It's like an "ugly dog" that you're attracted to because of its' ugliness, but you forget all about the outward appearance, and begin to "fall in love" with it.

    I searched on the Net to see what a "real" Hudson truck looked like,  but I couldn't find any "real" Hudson looking like this one. 

The toy measures: 
4" (L) x 1 1/2" (W) x 1 1/2" (H)
or 
100mm (L) x 37mm (W) x 37mm (H) 

and was manufactured in the later 1930's.








It's hard to believe that this "little guy" is pushing 80 years old, but it is!
And the more I look at it, the more I begin to like it more and more".
Sometimes things like toys do that to you!

That's it for today, and thanks for visiting.
And as always, have a great morning, afternoon, or evening,
wherever you may be.



No comments: