Monday, March 26, 2012

Mr. James (Jim) Bruno - Master Craftsman Revisited

Tuesday, March 27, 2012


Mr. James (Jim) Bruno
Master Craftsman -Toy restorer Revisited

     I've written about Jim a few times before, and he most graciously took the time to write a blog instalment. However, I knew when his fine work (toys) arrived, I would have to write another instalment about him and his beautiful work. 

    Tootsietoy Grahams are one of the best samples of Tootsietoys that are beautiful to look at and also to sell.  However, restored ones, don;t always sell well, and luckily for me,  I decided to bid on the toys below,and I was able to purchase them at a very good price.

   If you look at my part blogs, I've written about the Tootsietoy Grahams or mentioned them several times. However, I've never devoted an instalment to new ones, and especially not to these fine beautifully-restored Grahams.  So without any more dialogue, please have a look at these beautifully restored "masterpieces". They look like the day they might have been made, almost 75-80 years ago!


The camera is, of course, better at seeing the fine details than your eyes. 
Even when I use my magnifying glasses, I can't see the  texture and weave of the material 
that the car rests on.





The 1932 Tootsietoy Graham  # 512 
5-Wheel Coupe
Manufactured Early 1933-1939
Length: almost 4" (100mm)




The  1932 Tootsietoy Graham  # 613 
Sedan
Manufactured Early 1933-1939
Length: almost 4" (100mm)





The Tootsietoy Graham  # 806
Wrecker
Manufactured Early 1933-1939
Length: almost 4" (100mm)






The 1932 Tootsietoy Graham  # 516 
Town Car
Manufactured Early 1933-1939
Length: almost 4" (100mm)

I can certainly appreciate all of the work that went into restoring these old toys.I know that the few toys that's I've restored took lots and lots of time, so these also took a lot of time to do. What I can appreciate is the care, effort, and "love" that went into the restoration. I know that from my own experiences!

So thanks as usual for dropping by, and I hope that you enjoyed looking at the fine work of Jim Bruno, as I enjoyed photographing them.

Jim Bruno's ID on E-Bay in jbruno49
or those of you who buy and sell on E-Bay


Thanks for visiting, and  have a good morning, afternoon, or evening, wherever you may be.


















No comments: