Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Small Hubley Cast Iron Steam Shovel

Tuesday, May 8, 2012


A Small Hubley Cast Iron Steam Shovel

     I've seen today's Hubley on E-Bay several  times, but the bidding was much too high. Anyway, as I've mentioned this past week, E-Bay old toy auctions seem to slow down at about this time.  I was able to purchase this toy at a reasonable price, and thus I'll present it to you.

     I've seen this toy on e-Bay in several variations (differences). I've seen the toy in blue and red, with the shovel parts being unpainted, and I've seen the item painted like this one - entirely in red. The toy is very mall, measuring 4 1/2" (L) x 1 1/4" (W) x 2 1/4" (H) or 115mm x 33mm x  57mm.

   There are 2 numbers on this item. The bottom of the shovel reads 1662 and the inside right side 1661.  Also, the shovel part moves on a central steel pin pivot.








That's it for today, so thanks for visiting, and
as usual, have a good morning, afternoon, or evening 
wherever you may be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Toysearcher,
I work as the photo editor of a series of history books published in Scandinavia. We would like to use one of your images in one of our books. Can you please get in touch with me at: hbv @ historiebladet.dk?
Many kind regards,
J. Nielsen
Photo Editor
Bonnier Publications

toysearcher said...

Hello J.Neilson,

Thanks for reading my blog.
I've contacted you at your office.
It's always a great feeling to have someone or a company want to use your photographs.

Have a great day,

Stacey Bindman
Blogwriter of this blog