Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Kilgore Cast Iron 2-Piece Sedan

Sunday, May 27, 2012


A Kilgore Cast Iron 2-Piece Sedan

       Hello everyone. With the warm weather I had plenty of things to do around the house.  Also, I tried to go "cold turkey by stopping to take some medication that I was on. That was a big mistake, but thankfully, I'm all right. I stopped 1 medication, and continue to take the other. The effects of going off the medication was worse than taking them!  But now I'm back to full form!

     If you have been following me, you'll know that I was trying to liquidate my inventory of toys, especially the ones that I had trouble selling. I dropped the prices by as much as 30% and I was able to clear about  70% of my stock. Of course, I also started to buy more toys, but mostly older ones and cast iron. The Tootsietoys were hard to sell, so now I'm just concentrating on the Tootsietoy Grahams and LaSalles whenever I can bid and win them at a good price for re-sale.

    When today's toy, a Kilgore Cast Iron 2-Piece Sedan  I was surprised to see how small it was.  It measures 3 7/8" (L) x  1 3/4" (W) x 1 1/2" (H). Metrically, it's 98mm x 45mm x 38mm). THe listing did say the toy was 4"in length, but still, I was surprised. 





As you can see, this Kilgore is certainly a small toy.
What I found also surprising is that it's heavy.
It weights in at  6.1 ounces or 174 grams.

There are 2 metal wires that hold the 2 parts of the car together.
In this case, the wires are new, as are the tires.




 to the size of the Kilgore
A Tootsietoy Graham as a comparison 
A Tootsietoy Dairy Truck with a Penny as Reference.

Thank you everybody for continuing to read my blog while I was  busy, and for my newer readers, thanks for visiting.

I'm approaching the 20,000 point for page views.
On any day I have between 60-140 page views, si that's a great satisfaction to know that people are reading this blog.

As always, have a greay morning, afternoonor evening,
wherever you may be.








No comments: