Friday, February 24, 2012

The Tootsietoy LaSalle- I Finally Bought One!

Thursday, February 25, 2012


The Tootsietoy LaSalle -
I Finally Got One!

     Finally, I now have a Tootsietoy LaSalle, however briefly, before it goes back on the marketplace. The LaSalle is a "Build-A-Car" from Tootsietoy that was built from 1933-1939. It's die cast, and is the "higher class" cousin to the Tootsietoy Grahams. For some reason they are much rarer than the Grahams, perhaps because maybe they manufactured less of them, or more people don't want to part with them. I've bid on most every LaSalle that has appear on E-Bay, but every time I was outbid, and wouldn't pay over $ 100.00 for this small toy, no matter how rare or valuable it was.

    Finally, this one arrived yesterday, and it's quite nice. It's just as beautiful as the Grahams, but it is one of the "jewels" of the Tootsietoy Manufacturing Company.

    It measures 4 1/8" (L) x 1 1/2" (W) x 1 1/2" (H) or 104mm (L) x 40mm (W) x 40mm (H).

The LaSalle  -A Sedan

The Graham - A Sedan

One of the unique features that distinguishes the LaSalle from the Graham, 
is the set of 5 air vents on the side of the car.



Another distinguishing feature is the  the criss-crossed design of the front grill.

Also, the front door had a gentle curve to the part closest to the front of the car.








So that's it for today.

Have a great morning, afternoon, or evening, 
wherever you may be.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better have a look here for good info on your toys:

http://www.tsrfcars.com/toys-tootsietoys.htm

It is very informative.

toysearcher said...

Hello,

Thanks for writing - that helps me to continue!

I'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly.
Do I need to amend my article because of errors?

I should add this references as you've passed on to me.
I have the one below and it's super!

http://www.tsrfcars.com/toys-tootsietoys_links.htm

Form your note, I'm going to add your suggested references
since they're very informative, and the quality of some of the toys, ergo the photos are great!

ONE MORE NOTE: I'm always looking for people to add an instalment to my blog. I can only. buy and sell so many toys, but I know, out there, in the world, there are plenty of people with plenty of toys, and interesting stories.

So if you'd like or anyone reading this would like to contribute an article, just send me your photos (JPEG's of 4" x 6" @ 300 DPI or 100mm x 150mm @ 300 DPI).

I'm always glad to share and learn from others about toys.

Thanks,

Stacey Bindman