Monday, February 10, 2014

A Toy as a Work of Art

Monday, February 10, 2014
             (Cold and Cloudy)


A Toy as a Work of Art

   Earlier last week, I came across a small image of a toy that was up for action. It was a beautifully-photographed item, and I had to stop and investigate further. When I enlarged the photograph it was beautiful - a piece of art of an old American-made Structo pressed steel wind-up tractor. It's probably from the late 1930's-early 1940's.  I wrote the seller ,waited, and I received a reply. I was thanked for the compliment of the photography, and would be allowed to present the photos, but without the owner's name. Some people prefer to remain low key, and I respect that. 




Please enlarge the images of this post to view them best.*





I've written about early Structo toys before, and I really like them. Some of them  came was kits that you'd assemble. But what I like about them is that they've lasted for all these years and appear to be exceptionally well built. The key is missing for this toy, but omen could easily find a replacement on the net. By the way, the toy is about 10" ( 254mm) long.

Of course, I "tried" to present this fine Structo farm tractor better for all to see, 
so here are a few attempts.




I stopped at trying to improve the original photo after 3 "attempts". 
The original photo is a true "work of art" and you just can't improve on that!

Thanks for visiting, 
and as always ,
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
write to me anytime at
toysearcher@gmail.com





No comments: