Friday, January 4, 2013

Todd Bonita - A Fine Artist

Friday, January 4, 2012


Mr. Todd Bonita
(A Fine Artist)

    I was searching the Net a few days ago, when I came across an image. I liked the top lighting position with only 1 harsh light. It was a toy, so I took a closer look. It turned out to be a wonderful painting, rather than a photo. When you're a toy searcher (My e-mail name  is toysearcher@gmail.com), you don't spend a lot of time looking at photos, because you have to write the next blog. But  Todd Bonita's painting caught my eye.

    I decided to search out Todd's website, if he had one, and sure enough he did. I wrote to him for permission, and he happily agreed. He was on vacation at the time, and said he'd look for more fine images, but I decided to write . He would have been busy returning form vacation with his wife and 2 children, so I didn't want to bother him. I'll write him today, and when he has time I'm sure he'll send me a few more images.

   I'm not a studier of art. I don't know what the different periods are, nor who's who of yesterday and today's avant-garde list of people to watch. What I like is what I like, and I can;t necessarily explain it. I like Todd's work of toys because I like toys, and his lighting captures the essence of each toy with the single harsher light.  I also like his other paintings because of the style (realism), the simplicity of the image, and the lighting.  

(Please click on the above address to be redirected to Todd Bonita's website)











    If you like art, please visit Todd Bonita's website.  Some of his paintings remind me of the famous  artist - Andrew Wyeth.  I'm sure you'll like them.


Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day,
wherever you may be.

Stacey

No comments: