Thursday, January 5, 2017

Is This an Arcade or Vindex Toy?

Thursday, January 5, 2017
Sunny with Clear Skies
-7C  19.4 F



Is this an Arcade 
or Vindex Toy?


I received an e-mail from my friend Ed who is the owner of Antique Toys. He had a very nice Fokker cast iron toy, but was in a quandary. His O'Briens "Collecting Toys" book identified the toy as an Arcade, However, Ed's knowledge of these cast iron toys had characteristics of a Vindex toy.  Ed e-mailed me to see if I could find information in my Arcade toy catalogues of yore. Unfortunately, my 1936 Arcade catalogue and the other one had no photos of airplanes, so I couldn't help Ed much.The best that I could do  was to ask Ed's permission to use his photos of the toy, and ask any viewers if they could identify the toy.  So this is basically what today's post is all about.

If anyone out there has a toy like this and knows what it is, would you please e-mail me with your photos, and any catalogue page scan that would cross-reference the catalogue image with that of the actual toy.

The photo below is one of an Actual Fokker airplane that the toy photos below are based on.

The dimensions of Ed's toy are:

L x W x H:
3 7/8" x 4" x 1 7/8"
98 mm x 101 mm x 48 mm





Ed wrote a more thorough and interesting article about his Fokker toy than I did. So if you visit the website address below, you'll have more information about why Ed is not sure whether the toyu is an Arcade or a Vindex.



So this is my first post of 2017, and I hope someone out there in the Web 
World will be able to help Ed out.


Thanks for dropping by,
and as always,
Have a great part of the day or night,
Wherever you may be.

Stacey Bindman
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: