Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Some More Toy Patents

Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Cloudy with Sunny Periods
21 Celsius . 70 Fahrenheit



Some More Toys Patents



A few days ago I added a post about Mr. Joseph E. Brubaker, the main toy designer and inventor for Hubley toys way back in the 1920s-1930's. I was "lucky" to find his inventions, because it's almost impossible to go the Patent Office website and find any information easily! There's no where to e-mail them for assistance,so I'd have to telephone them,and I'm sure they have better things to do that help me out for assistance on how to operate search their website for antique toys!

I did do more searching and searching and still more searching, until I found more toys. However, I decided simply to add the screen-captures without much narrative (writing). I exceptionally like this website because the diagrams of the toy inventions are so old, styled in the old 1920's-1930's way. Way back then, the personal touch is more apparent, and I like "old" of any kind.

Below:
I did a search for "toy automobiles" and came up with 2200 listings. It took me a few minutes to find the oldest entries, whereupon I screen-captured them. In their search engine,I had previously tried specific names of toy companies, other words such as "car toys", and various other entries,
but to no avail.The bottommost listings that have purple lettering 
are some of the screen-captues that you see below.


Below:
The patent number below is  1,432,893.These numbers beginning with "1" are from the 1920's-1930's. The numbers above beginning with "3" are from the 1940's-1950's. CUrrent 21 century inventions begin with "8" or "9". Now that's a lot of patents!






below:
The USPTO website has the capability to magnify. 
The image below is simply an enlargement of the screen-capture of the above image.



Below:
I've seen and written about the toy below - it's a Wyandotte. If you do a search for "Wyandotte Racer" on a search engine, the actual photos of this toy should appear. Google is the best search engine to work with.

 The  reason for the patent is that the toy was unique, and it was made with pressed steel. There would be a die on a huge industrial press.When the flat outlined shape of the toy was put in the press and pressed to its' form, the toy would become 3D.


So that's it for today. Not much narrative, but I hope you enjoyed the screen-captures. 
If you've been to the U.S. Patent website and know how to do a search there, please tell me.
That would help me a lot, and save lots of time.

Thanks for dropping by,
and as always, 
Have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

Stacey Bindman
toysearcher@gmail.com



No comments: