Sunday, October 2, 2016

A Nice Tonka Fisherman Truck with Houseboat and Trailer

Sunday, October 2, 2016
Overcast (Cloudy)
15 Celsius /59 Fahrenheit



A Nice Tonka Fisherman Truck with Houseboat and Trailer



Gottoyz4u

Please click here to visit the gottoyz4u ebay store


It's rare that I write about 1950's or later toys, but today, this is my second posting on 1950's toys.
I happened to catch sight if this fine toy when I was on ebay. Millions of Tonka toys were made over the years, but because I  used to fish, this nice toy caught my attention.

I wrote an e-mail to the store, and I got a quick reply. from Mr. Tim Watterson. He's partners with Mr. Shane Gehman, and together they run this very successful ebaystore. They have an excellent reputation on ebay, and have sold lots and lots of toys.

The toy set below is made of pressed steel, rubber tires on metal rims, and the houseboat in mostly of plastic. There are a few slight cracks in the protective railing that runs around the boat.

For a toy, that's from the 1950's, it's in quite good shape. 
The asking price on the ebay store is $ 899.99, but people are allowed to make their best offer.

What's also interesting is that the set comes in 3 parts - the truck, the trailer and the houseboat.




So that's another post for today, and I hope you're having a pleasant weekend.

Thanks for dropping by,
and as always,
Have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.

Stacey Bindman
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: