Sunday, November 10, 2013

Very Interesting (More Modern) Toys from an Interesting Seller

Sunday, November 19, 2011


Very Interesting (More Modern) Toys
from an Interesting Seller

  I was browsing ebay yesterday, when I saw a very interesting toy.It wasn't the oldest,but it was quite interesting.  It was a late 1950's or early 1960's tin magnetic toy crane. I certainly haven't seen a toy like that before, so I  checked out the store of the seller,and found lots of interesting toys.  I wrote the seller, and Mr. Joe Martella Jr. answered. He replied fast, and I was ready to go. I was caught up  with other things today, so today;s post on Joe's fine collection of toys in his store will be only 3 toys. I'll for sure add another post later in the week. It took me a while today to extract the toys and  present them against the white background which I like. I find that just presenting the toy without any distractions best illustrates the toy. That's not to say that Joe didn't present the toy s nicely on those patterned material, but white for me works.

    From what I read, Joe is selling out a large collection of toys that he's had, as well as having purchased them for his son. Joe's descriptions are most thorough, and some of them have some funny anecdotes. You'll have to visit his store to read them.


gem.brother.911

Above is a straightforward screen capture from Joe's  ebay store. It is underexposed, and the nice foundation of the chair material is a bit distracting for me. However, Joe has an excellent reputation as a seller, and describes' every asset and tiny fault of his listings. Therefore, if I was a bidder, I wouldn't worry. And if you're unsure, you can always ask a question or ask the seller to send more photos.



I always like  to look at the hand drawn illustrations and the  font styles of the era of a toy's manufacture.



That lithographed pilot is just so 1950's-early 1960's - fantastic!
If you visit this listing at Joe's store, you'll see how parts of the helicopter tend to blend in or are distracted by the nice backing and seat of his chair. However,once again, that's just my opinion.


This is a great commemorative  reissue of Marklin's 75th anniversary.
It's amazing how they had chosen to  reissue the item just as it might have been issued so long ago. I'm not sure about the plastic back then, but the illustrations, font, and diagrams are all from that era. What's amazes me is the complexity of such a toy. I would assume that both the father and his son or daughter would work together on the assembly of the toy. Although tis kit is fairly new, it has appreciated in value and probably was costly when Joe had bought it.


Just look to all of those parts to put together!


So "that's a rap", as the director shout's when a movie scene is finished.

Thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com





No comments: