Friday, April 5, 2019

Can Anyone Identify This Fine Toy?

April 5, 2019
Overcast and Cool
3 Celcius 37.4 F


Can Anyone Identify This Fine Toy?

   I received an e-mail from a reader. He wanted to know if I could identify his fine toy - a team of  oxen along with a stagecoach. There were many toy manufacturers in the early part of the last century, who manufactured these cast iron toys. The chances of finding out who manufactured this toy, was far above  my level of information. Therefore, I am putting this fine toy in front of everyone, and asking that you investigate this, and see if you can find who might have manufactured it.







    I think that this stagecoach  was made  in a mold  (mould) from a molten alloy, and the team of oxen are cast iron. The golden-coloured wheels appear to be also cast iron.  I'm guessing that the size of the stagecoach is 6" (152 mm) long and the oxen are about4" (112 mm).

So that's it for today, and I hope someone will be able to identify this fine toy.

Thanks for dropping by,
And as always,
Have a great part of the day or night,
Wherever you may be.

No comments: