Sunday, April 7, 2019

An Exceptional Set of 1920's Buddy L vehicles comes to auction

Sunday, April 7, 2019
Sunny with clouds
9 C  48 F


An Exceptional Set of 1920's Buddy L vehicles comes to auction



      I'm always when readers write to me. And so it was with Mr. Myron Frank.  Myron had inherited a set of 10 Buddy L cars and trucks, and was asking for advise as to what these fine early 1920's Buddy L toys would garner at auction.

"Hi, I have a small collection of Buddy L trucks.  They were my Dad's and he passed.  I know these have value, but not sure the actual retail.  

There is a local toy auction house that will put them up in April, but with no certainty on sale price, and there is also a lot of "trust" involved in the auction process.  e.g. we will sell them but you just trust us on what they sell for.  

I am attaching photos of the ten trucks we are considering selling.  Any estimate of value appreciated.  Also, if you would like to make an offer on the lot, let me know.  The trucks are located in Central Indiana.  

Thanks, Phil F. " 

      I'm not an expert on the value of toys, so I didn't want to give  any incorrect information to Myron. What I did suggest however, was to do a search on the Bertoia Auctions website, a very famous and successful toy auctioneer.  I also suggested for Myron to visit the  Liveauctioneers  website.

    There are innumerable factors that determine the price of what a toy (or anything else) will sell for at auction. The time of year, a local auction or an Internet auction, the number of people bidding on the toy. As well, sometimes you'll find a toy at one time will sell for more than at another time.




Interestingly, the ebay website was the one website that offered the most number of these Buddy L Flivver cars and trucks.











          Myron's collection most certainly is a fine collection. I especially like the "dust" that has collected on these toys over the years.  I wish Myron great success as his collection goes to auction

No comments: