Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Hubley Cast Iron Motorcycles

Monday, September 25, 2016
Cloudy with Sun / Getting Colder
17 Celsius / 61 Fahrenheit


The Hubley Cast Iron Motorcycles
(Almost all of them)

   I've been getting back to writing, but not as prolific as before.  When I recently returned to Bertoia Auctions, I was lucky enough to see a lot of Hubley motorcycles. That gave me an idea to display all of the motorcycles on one post. This is a big project, so I decided that, it will be done in sections until I add all of the motorcycles. The images come from a most-recent auction at Bertoia Auctions that occurred on May 20-21, 2016 and titled "Toy Shoppe Auction"

The Hubley cast iron motorcycles were very popular in the 1930's and 1940's. As well, they are still very much in demand as collector's items. As you can see from their condition, they are in very good shape for toys that are 70-80 years old. Notice all of the nickel-plated wheels for the rubber tires. These have stood up quite well to the elements (mostly water)  and still are in fine shape.






I decided to intersperse a composite photos after every 4 motorcycles with their descriptions
















What's most interesting about the  above"crash car" motorcycle, is that the head swivels (turns).


So that's it for today - 16 Hubley motorcycles. I'm sure there are a few more, but this post has the most Hubley motorcycles that I added to any post.



















Thanks for dropping by,
and as always, 
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be
Stacey Bindman
(toysearcher@gmail.com)

No comments: