Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Invaluable Contacts Me

Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Sunny and very cold


Invaluable Contacts Me

   I'm always amazed when coincidences happen. Perhaps I'm just aware more of them, but I seem to always have them. What happened about 2 weeks ago is that I was checking out  many people, and auctioneers,  who have helped me out in the past. One of the these companies is Stout Auctions.  

Stout Auctions promotes themselves as "America's premier auction house for Lionel, American Flyer, Ives, MTH, and other scale and toy trains".  The company had granted me permission to write about them a few years ago, and this week, they were on my mind, since I am returning to writing once more on my blog.

  The "coincidence" was that I received an e-mail from a very popular auction Internet company that Stout Auctions happens to use. The name of the company is Invaluable.  Mr. Sam Harding, from  Invaluable had written to ask if I might  announce the Stout Auctions and  select some noteworthy lots. I wrote back to Sam that I would for sure. Stout  Auctions had been very kind to let me use their photos, and I would be happy to help out. What I like about Stout , is that they photograph their items very well. This helps to provide viewers and potential bidders with nice images to see.


Sam Harding, from  Invaluable wrote that the  auction would be  on May 15, 16, and 30 of 2015.  Sam write the following below for me to mention to you, my readers.

"Stout Auctions is proud to offer for auction an outstanding and diverse selection of trains, accessories, catalogs, books, parts and Railroadiana from various estates and private collections.

The first portion of this sale will feature a large selection Lionel modern era, TCA convention and Museum trains, Williams, MTH, K-Line and Right of Way Industries. Included with the modern era will be a large selection of original parts in bulk. The next section will feature Lionel prewar Standard and O gauge highlighted by 800 and 2800 freight cars and 1100 Mickey Mouse handcar.

The next portion will be Lionel Postwar showcased by F3 diesels including; 2355 Western Pacific, 2343 Santa Fe and 2356 Southern ABA, 2340 GG1, 2332 GG1, 2139W boxed freight set, large quantities of Super O track and Disney phonographs. There will be American Flyer S gauge trains and accessories highlighted by a K5210W freight set in original boxes. There will be HO scale including Tyco and Bachman.
The last 200 lots will consist of G gauge trains featuring LGB and Aristo-Craft.

This sale offers a fantastic diversity with all levels of collecting represented, from MINT in the box to bargain operator/fixer upper lots. Plan to attend in our comfortable and well-lighted auction gallery."






3. Some samples from the Postwar lots








No comments: