Wednesday, May 21, 2014

They're not Always Bears!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014
                 Sunny and Warm


They're Not Always Bears!

   I'm sure some of you are wondering where I've been, since I haven't posted in a while.  It's also the same for readership being lower. Finally, when the warmer weather finally arrives, everyone (including myself) now have to get out and start changing to our summer routine - work, more work, rest, vacation,  more work, take a break, admire the summer-clad women  (or men) , more work, and so forth.  My back was hurting for the last month, so I had to phone (my dial finger is sore!)  a local gardner to place the 6 yards of topsoil on my lawn. The last time I ordered so much soil, it took me 2 weeks to spread it out! Today, it's waiting for the arborist (tree cutter) to prune some trees around the house, then tonight, it's the swimming pool person to connect the heat pump, the water pump, and add the chemicals. I can't say my finger is sore, since my wife does all of the phoning. I just stay home and wait for them to show up (usually between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.)

  A few days ago, I received an e-mail from Rebekah Kaufmann, the Marketing and Business Development Coordinator, Boston Area for James D. Julia Auctioneers.



Hello,

It's Rebekah Kaufman from James D. Julia Auctioneers. 

I wanted to let you know about a world class collection of Steiff Teddy bears and animals we are auctioning off as part of our upcoming Toy, Doll & Advertising event.  This auction will be held June 13, 2014, with a very special one day preview in Boston on June 1st and a multi-day preview in Fairfield, Maine on June 10th through 12th.  For more information on the Boston event, please see www.jamesdjulia.com/Steiff. 

This once-in-a-lifetime sale features the amazing Steiff collection of the beloved and well-known Steiff enthusiasts Chuck and the late Cathy Steffes of Galax, Virginia. Chuck and Cathy built this remarkable assembly together over several decades; each of their 120 lots being offered could easily be the crown jewel in any Steiff collection. The Steffes’ collection is amazingly comprehensive, impeccably curated, and reflects the finest examples of Steiff design, quality, and craftsmanship from the turn of last century through the early 1950s. This will be without a doubt the most exciting and most anticipated United States based Steiff sales event of the decade! 

For more information on this remarkable collection, please see the attached press release and photos.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.  Our department head Andrew Truman would be happy to talk with you in greater detail about this amazing collection. He can be reached at atruman@jamesdjulia.com or 207-453-7125. Please feel free to call or email me if I can be helpful in any other way.  My contact information is below.
Best,
Rebekah Kaufman


   I'd been visiting the James. D. Julia website for the last while, waiting for them to present their June auction altogether. Up to now there were nice highlights of what was toy come. For today, I decided to present  other animals beside the famous Steiff Bears which the company is most famous for. However, their other animals are outstanding nevertheless.



All Steiff merchandise always has the famous Steiff button, the wording, and the product # that you see above.When you have been around for such a long time, and have produced such fine items, you will get counterfeiters. As a result, the button and the tag are always there.





As you can see, the "other" Steiff animals are truly beautiful, and certainly capture the essence of these fine living creatures.  The auction in June is the collection of Chuck and the late Cathy Steffes of  Galax, Virginia, (USA). I don't know much about Steiff, but like other auction catalogues that I have seen, the items are always exceptional in quality, condition, and rarity.

If you want to see excellent photography combined with rare merchandise, and you like teddy bears, kitty cats, and rabbits, among other animals, then you most certainly have to see the items presented for this truly amazing auction.

As for today's spring chore, I'm still waiting for the arborist. He said he'd be here at 1:00 P.M. and it's now 3:15 P.M. Of course, if I was at the Steiff auction, waiting for that bear above (my favourite), my mood would most certainly be entirely different. 

Meanwhile I'm freezing here in my basement (with the heat pump pumping cold air), as I type the finishing words to today's post. 

Ah, the pleasures of spring…..

Thanks for dropping by,
and as always,
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be,
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: