Monday, June 18, 2012

A Nice Small Arcade Truck

Monday, June 18, 2012


A Hot & Sunny Day in 
Montreal, Quebec, Canada


A Nice Small Arcade Truck
Circa 1930's

     I received this small truck today, and decided to write this post about it.
The E-Bay seller did not know the exact maker of the truck so he/she titled it "Dent Arcade Hubley 1920-1930's.

I'm quite sure this is not a 1920's truck, but the for the specific manufacturer,  I'll need to check my reference books or E-Bay.

Dimensions:

Length: 
4 1/4" (L) x 1 13/16" (W) x 1 1/4" (H)
109mm x 47mm x 31mm

Weight:
6.6 ounces 
189 grams

     When the  truck arrived, I decided to replace the 3 heat-damaged tires. I'll include them for the collector "purists" who want the original tires. 3 of the red wooden rims are original or may have been replaced. I say this because normally the red is darker form play or aging.



     The ingenuity through which you can take apart and reassemble the truck is simple but marvellous. You just have to remove 1 tires, gently pry off the front wooden rim, and the top and bottom, and the grill can be dismantled.










 You can see how nice this small truck is, and yet it has survived 80 years.

So, another week starts off with a nice toy.

Thanks for dropping by, and
have a great morning, afternoon, or evening 
wherever you may be.









No comments: