Friday, June 22, 2012

A Doepke Jaeger Cement Mixer

Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Doepke Jaeger Cement Mixer
(A Big Toy!)

     When I first started to buy and sell toys (mostly on E-Bay), there were always some toys that you couldn't help but notice. I noticed particularly the Doepke toys. The ones that I saw were made in the early 1940's  and were very "hands-on" mechanical toys. I purchased many Doepke sand movers, which you can read about on this blog. You just have to bring up all of the posts for this blog to find where they are.

     Anyway, I always wanted to get my hands on the Deopke Jaeger Cement Mixer, and this one arrived yesterday. It's missing some parts, so I'll try to see if Thomas Antique Toys Pats has them. 

Dimensions:

13 1/2" (L)  x 7 3/8" (W) x 9 1/2" (H) 
343 mm x 188mm x 242mm

Weight:

3 pounds 1.9 ounces
1.419  kilograms

    I guess the kid in me still would like to play with these toy, and sometimes I do, as I embarrassingly have to admit, but only a little. This one I can;t play with as it was repainted. However I move it around on the carpet!


A Size Comparison

The small cast iron A.C.Williams measures 5"(L) x 2"(W) x 2" (H) or 127mm x 51mm x 51mm

You can read about the A.C.Williams Coupe in yesterday's post.

 The cement shoot in the up position

The cement shoot in the lowered position

A front view where the cement ingredients would be placed.
A crank would then lift the shoot, and gravity would allow the mixture (sand, rocks, mortar) to fall into the black drum.

The silver bar at the top is incorrect.
THat should have a crank at the end with strings attached to raise the raw mixture for placement into the black drum.


The hubcaps and the chain that rotates the black drum are missing from this toy.

A left front view of the Doepke Jaeger

Now that's a toy for paying with!


Thanks for dropping by, and have a restful weekend 
and enjoy the summer, or winter depending in which hemisphere you may be.




No comments: