Sunday, September 11, 2016

The A.G. Redmond Company

Wednesday, September 15, 2016
Cloudy with Rain
11 C / 68 F


The A.G. Redmond Company
(A Reader Asks me for Assistance)

I've been very fortunate this past week to have received a request to find information about a toy manufacturer. Mr. Scott Bunkowski wrote me asking for information about the A.G.Redmond company.

In Scott Bunkowski's own words:

"I recently contacted you about an old vintage toy that I recent purchased but cannot find any information about the toy company, Redmond Toys.  I attached several pictures of the toy as you suggested.  The crane is approx. 26 inches from the tip of the boom to the very back.  The orange roof is 7.75 inches wide and 13 inches long.  The green body of the crane is 11 inches long and 6.5 inches wide.  The main body is 9 inches from the floor to the roof top.  The end of the boom is 15 inches from the floor.    The boom is 15.5 inches long and 2.5 inches wide.  The wheels are wood and the crane once had an electromagnet with some wiring and a battery.  There is only one decal with a gold background and red print.  Let me know if there is any other information that I need to include.  
 Thanks for your help,"


  I initially wrote Scott back to ask him to send me photos,, and the information above was sent in reply. Also, Scott sent me excellent photos, that I hardly had to work on, except for adding the copyright at the bottom of the 3 composite photos. When you photograph a toy, you should photograph it on white and use soft lighting. Both allow for excellent detail to show, as well as avoiding too much distraction or contrast to the toys.

To all my readers;

If you can find any information about Redmond Toys and/or have photos of other toys, would you please write me at toysearcher@gmail.com. Scott and I would both be interested in any information that can be found on their toys, as well as the company.



On the day that I thanked Scott, I decided to do a search for the Redmond Toys. However, I did not get any results. I then noticed that the manufacturer was A.G. Redmond. I did a search for "A.G.Redmond" and came up with the information below.








I've written several post about the United States Patent Office because the information there is quite interesting. It takes somme learning to move around the website, but it's well worth it if you like information about patents and toys.


The  A.G.Redmond company manufactured car parts for the car industry, so I'm wondering how Mr. A.G.Redmond came to patent this steam shovel toy and manufacture it.  Were there other toys made by the company, and where are they?

So that's it, but please send me information and toy photos so that I can help scott out with this marvellous find.

As always,
thanks for dropping by,
and have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey Bindman

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I have one of those with generator I thought they were made in Oregon from 1947 to 1951 I read somewhere the company only produced 26000 toys of different types. This was there original model but it could have been made in any of the 4 years the company was in production. I saw somewhere that one sold for 51000 dollars a while back. I did not know if they were related to the original company you are talking about. Might be Washington not Oregon

Unknown said...

I'm see now it us made in flint Michigan. I was thinking if another toy that was made in Oregon American model toys. I have one of those for sale also

Unknown said...

How can I send pictures.

Unknown said...

I also have the original generator part to this toy do not know if it works but is really cool. I have one orange door think there may have been more. This is so cool. If Greg wants to contact me give him me email my name is Greg also.

Unknown said...

I think it is a 12 volt converter

Unknown said...

So I'm cleaning out the basement when I find a wall of cupboards. Ureka Grandma's liquor cabinet. But just behind the liquor I spy a green and orange Toy electromagnetic crane from the 1930s. With the name A. G. Redmond toy Co. I had seen another piece in the basement by that name.When I got home I began to research the steel toy. This blog was the only other one I found.
This thing is really cool. The 12 volt converter is something out of Dr Frankenstein.at least I think that is what it is. The Crane is in great condition. This guy was a genious.It Has to be the Rarest Toy I have ever come across in all my years of picking. Does Antony Know anything more about this rare find. Does one of his ancestors have one or is it in a museum simwhere. It should be it is right out of the era of Tessla when Electromagnetic science was cutting edge.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.