Tuesday, April 8, 2025
Snowing and Damp
-2°C / 28°F
A Wonderful Discovery to Accompany
an Old Blog Post
One of my favourite movies is Forrest Gump, starring Tom Hanks in the lead roll (1994). He won an Academy Award for best actor in 1995. Better still was
the line that he said in the movie, while in a seat waiting for a bus, and talking to a young woman .
"My momma always said,
"Life was like a bowl of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get"
And so it was for me, just a short while ago. I was searching on ebay for toys and I came across an ebay store with an old advertisement of a toy that
I once write about. I had to search though my 1700 posts, but I finally found the post.
The owner of the store goes by the name gdawg. His store is amazing, and
there is an amazing collection of old ephemera (old items, but more emphasized on paper, such as newspapers old magazines, and so forth).
I'm going to have to write gdawg, because I can't find the exact page shown, among the hundreds of exceptional old advertisements.
The toy that I was interested in matching to the old post is the white police car manufactured by the Leslie Henry Company back in the 1950's.
I can't find the page that I posted, but when I do find it, I'll add the specific link to the Leslie-Henry Co.toy.
However,I did find the post that I wrote:
The 2012 post was about an old white police car. I tried to find the store
by the name of Bargaingarden, that the owner, Susan Behr owned back in 2012, but I couldn't find it. At that time, I didn't add website addresses for people to click on. Another person shared this blog post. His name is Mr. Al Williams, and he had written me to find out about his toy police car.
If someone reading this post can help find any information about Susan Behr, or Mr. Al Williams, that would be very helpful, could you please write to me.
So that's it for today,
Thanks for dropping by, and enjoy your part of the day or night
wherever you may be.
My name is Mr. Stacey Bindman
and I can always be reached at:
toysearcher@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment