Thursday, December 8, 2022

A Reader Asks about An Unknown Bluebird Styler Racer

Thursday, December 8, 2022                Overcast                           3 Celsius  37.4 Fahrenheit


I haven't written for a while, so it was great to have several people write to me in the last 2 weeks. One of the readers, Lauren Roszak sent me several nice photos of a 1930's racer and asked for information. 

Lauren wrote:

" I bought this lovely antique slush metal race car and I'd love to be able to correctly identify it. Might you recognize this one? Thanks in advance for taking a look"

I initially did a search on the Net, but couldn't find a similar toy. I then had a "Eureka Moment" and decided to contact Mr. Ed Sanders, a toy expert and the owner of AntiqueToys.com. If you type in AntiqueToys.com, you will arrive at Ed Sanders website.

I've written many times about Ed and his excellent website, and when I went to see his website, I was very impressed as to how fine his site had modernized both in terms of view, as well as information on toys. 

The next day, I received an e-mail reply from Ed and this is what he wrote:

"Hi Stacey,

Good to hear from you again.

That is quite an unusual Bluebird style racer (the record holder). I would attribute it to Kansas lead toy makers like Kansas Novelty, but am unsure of the exact maker. These toys were cottage industry items.

Thanks for sharing,

Ed"


Lauren sent me 5 excellent photos, which I've added below.

                                                  






If there is anyone who can identify this fine toy, please write to me so that I can inform Lauren about her great find.


Thanks for dropping by,
And as always,
Have a great part of the day or night,
Wherever you may be.

My name is (Mr.) Stacey Bindman,
and I can be reached at
toysearcher@gmail.com



                                                                                                                 


No comments: