Thursday, April 17, 2014

Antique Toy Trolleys

Thursday, April 17, 2014
              (Cold and Sunny)


Antique Toy Trolleys

   Bertoia Auctions is having a fine auction in early May. With future auctions, there usually is an advance notice on the Bertoia Auctions website or on Liveauctioneers. However, there may be a lag time (time variation), whereby the actual listings can be seen. Earlier this week I saw the entire listing, and there is a fine selection of  true antique ( at least 100 years old) toys for sale.  They're quite nice and colourful, so I decided to present them for today. 

   Today's title reminded me of an old movie, so I decided to do a search and found the 1944 movie with Judy Garland, by the name of "Meet me in Saint Louis". I added the link below to connect with this great American actress and of course great singer.



* The photo of course is of a young Miss Garland in "The Wizard of Oz".
That's one of my favourite movies.



Of course, the above photo is of Miss Garland in 1944 in the "Meet me in Saint Louis" movie.














I've enlarged this set of exceptional images to a much higher resolution that usual.
You absolutely, positively have to look at these images in the slide mode to appreciate the fine quality of Bertoia Auctions photography. Of course, these wonderful toys and their brilliant colours have to be seen!


Thanks for visiting,
and as always,
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
You can always email me at
toysearcher@gmail.com

No comments: