Friday, May 2, 2014

Toys in Unexpected Places

Friday, May 2, 2014
  (Still more cloud and rain!)



Toys in Unexpected Places

  This past Tuesday (April 29, 2014) I introduced you to Classic Boatworks and the owners, Dean and Angela Reynolds. Sometimes, a business name can throw you off. So when I first saw the nice rare airplane that I wrote about last Tuesday, I decided to search for more toys, and nice toys I found. And so for today, I thought I 'd present them to everyone. The Reynolds ebay store is interesting because there are all kinds of toys from different eras, and well as their very interesting vintage "real" boat accessories and boats , on their Net website.





"Hafner was started after WWI when John Hafner left American Flyer to produce his own trains. The earlier sets have cast iron steam engines and tinplate cars under the Overland Flyer name. In the 30's they began producing tin streamlined sets such as the Union Pacific M-10000 diesel streamliner and Hafner's 1010 steam locomotive"*
* Description Courtesy of Mr. Dean Reynolds





I always like when a sell for company provides information about a toy. In this case, Dean mentioned that  lumbers mills operate day and night. As such,  this American Flyer trio had the searchlight to provide light at night.

I didn't know that!


I always like when a seller or company has their "trademark" way of presenting their toys. In Dean and Angela's case, it's the nice satin material of red and white. Sometimes, there is blue.

For all of the photos today, I removed the red and white to focus on the toys. But if you ever are on ebay, you will see their toys stand out, and be easily recognized! 


Metalcraft Steam Roller
Painted pressed steel
Circa 1930's



 Dean provided some information about the above toy, and even included Mr. Brian Cowdery's website. I've had the pleasure to write about Brian, and you absolutely have to vista my post about him (do a search) and visit Brian's website! 

Brian is a modern-era toymaker making vintage-era toys.




I'd like to mention that when you visit either Dean and Angela's  ebay or their own website, 
you can sign up for their newsletter.  This another another excellent business strategy. I just mentioned this same fact for Mike Matuka (Sweden) who sends me information whenever there is a new auction coming up. From that, I them have an instant reminder to visit and be able to find new interesting items. In the case of collectors, being on Dean and Angela's mailing list allows you to see the latest toys up for sale.

Thanks for dropping by,
and as always,
have a great part of the day or night,
wherever you may be.
Stacey
toysearcher@gmail.com

1 comment:

Autolinkqatar said...

This blog is really great. The information will surely be of some help to me. Thanks!.
click here